Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/07/2011 - 3/11/2011

In Spectacular fashion, I have successfully rationalized not working out on more than one occasion so far this week. My typical routine is that I work out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (usually in the morning). Sunday evening I stayed up WAY too late (around 2:00am), so when my alarm went off Monday at 6:00am I immediately turned it off and thought to myself, "I'll just work out in the evenings this week" and promptly returned to sleep.

After arriving home from work, I rationalized not working out right then by saying, "I'd better help out with dinner and get the kids to bed before I work out". Well, the kids were asleep in bed by 8:30pm, to which I WONDERFULLY rationalized, "you know what, I really should work out in the mornings, and not in the evening. There's just too much to do at night, so I'll work out Tuesday morning, and just plan on doing Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday".

 In all honesty, this morning my alarm went off at 6:00am, and I promptly started trying to think of a reason I could "rationalize" not working out on a Tuesday morning, but reason and excuse failed, so I dragged my butt out of bed and made it over to the treadmill.

The truth is that exercise is hard, and getting up early to exercise is particurarly difficult for me (given my poor sleep habits). If it were easy to stay fit, I guess everyone would be skinny. So, with that said, here's this week's schedule. 
  • 5 Minutes walking (warm up)
  • 5 Minutes running, 3 Minutes walk
  • 8 Minutes running, 3 Minutes walk
  • 5 Minutes running
  • cool down "stroll" 
-Tuesday - 2.43 Miles
TOTAL MILES THIS WEEK: 2.43 Miles

2 comments:

  1. That is how I am too. Except my schedule is not as hectic as yours. I have started doing zumba 4 days a week, and swimming laps for an hour 2 days a week. I have finally gotten to the point where I can't make excuses either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work! hardy har har

    ReplyDelete