- 5 Minute Walk (warm up)
- 3 Minute Run, 90 second walk
- 5 Minute Run, 2 1/2 minute walk
- 3 Minute Run, 90 second walk
- 5 Minute Run
-Tuesday - 1.50 Miles
-Wednesday - 2.05 Miles
-Friday - 2.25 Miles
TOTAL MILES: 7.66 Miles
Update: Tonight I was able to run entire 16 minutes of my training. This may seem like a trivial accomplishment, but the reality is that when I got to the 2nd 3 minute, I was really struggling to keep going...and I was almost completely convinced I wouldn't be able to run that last 5 minute block. I quickly thumbed the forward arrow on my iPod (set to random shuffle) looking for anything with a beat. I hit like 7 crappy songs in a row before finally hitting something I could run to. And...I MADE IT!!! those last 5 minutes are a big deal. It was a mental accomplishment as much as a physical feat of endurance.
This is the first week I have done all 3 training sessions for my running program. It was really difficult to want to keep trying to exercise this week, but I did it.
Update: Tonight I was able to run entire 16 minutes of my training. This may seem like a trivial accomplishment, but the reality is that when I got to the 2nd 3 minute, I was really struggling to keep going...and I was almost completely convinced I wouldn't be able to run that last 5 minute block. I quickly thumbed the forward arrow on my iPod (set to random shuffle) looking for anything with a beat. I hit like 7 crappy songs in a row before finally hitting something I could run to. And...I MADE IT!!! those last 5 minutes are a big deal. It was a mental accomplishment as much as a physical feat of endurance.
This is the first week I have done all 3 training sessions for my running program. It was really difficult to want to keep trying to exercise this week, but I did it.
Good job brother! I'm pretty stoked you're training and running like you are. It's motivating me to start running again... I just wish it wasn't so cold in SLC still. When it starts to warm up again, I'm gonna try and be a runnin' fool.
ReplyDelete